In the late 2008/2009 model years, the Mercedes E-Class W211 no longer has a kinematics compartment, but a fixed "installation frame" (A2116801714) to which the upper control panel in the center console is attached. The control panel itself no longer has a button to open the kinematics compartment.
With this offer you can upgrade the kinematic unit. Scope of delivery:
- Used kinematics unit for retrofitting in mopf vehicles
- Used switch panel according to your equipment-related key assignment
- Modification of the control unit in the switch panel so that the release of the opening function of the radio and AGW (amplifier) is bypassed
- Modification of connector from 6-pole to 4-pole with Socket retrofit kinematics compartment
- Illustrated installation instructions per PDF
You will receive the complete module ready for installation with matching connector. If you order a compartment insert, this is also installed immediately.
With the illuminated compartment insert, it should be noted that there is no ignition plus available at the vehicle plug. This means that either we connect the lighting to permanent positive (there is a switch that automatically turns off the lighting when the compartment is closed, but if the compartment should not close properly, the lighting would be on permanently and drain the battery after a long time) or you connect the lighting itself to ignition positive. Here, the cigarette lighter or the glove compartment lighting are suitable, but you would have to take over the connection, for example, by splice clips, because there is no suitable plug here.