Die Mercedes W211 und W219 besitzen bis zum Modelljahr 2008 unterhalb des Radios ein Fach, das sich mittels einer Taste (Warnblinkereinfassung) elektrisch öffnen lässt. Es beherbergt entweder den CD-Wechsler oder ein (sehr kleines) Ablagefach. Da das Vorhandensein des Faches nicht offensichtlich ist, wird es auch “Geheimfach” genannt. Weitere Bezeichnungen sind Kinematikfach, Ablagefach oder CD-Wechslerfach.
You have a third-party radio, for example an Android radio from Erisin, XTrons, Joying, Eonon or Pumpkin? Are you planning to upgrade to Comand / NTG 2.5? Or have the double DIN headunit from another manufacturer?
Without the original radio, this compartment can no longer be opened!
With our kinematics adapter, which you simply connect to the kinematics unit yourself, you make your kinematics compartment functional again!
- Completely invisible
- install yourself without tools
- Removal possible at any time
NEW: Now always compatible! Regardless of whether AGW continues to be used or not.
And the lighting?
Are you still missing lighting for the compartment? Or you have a CD changer? Sell this and put our 3D-printed maxi compartment, which you can purchase here !
Scope of delivery
- Kinematics adapter with suitable slots for interconnecting between the kinematics unit and the vehicle
- Insertion tool for convenient installation in confined spaces
- Installation instructions as PDF with photos
With your purchase, you will receive detailed, illustrated instructions via PDF. In a nutshell:
- Remove gearshift lever cover and ashtray compartment (both clipped)
- Remove kinematics unit (2 Torx screws)
- Clip insertion tool to vehicle connector
- Clip the kinematics adapter into the kinematics unit
- Insert plug
- Done! Reinstall kinematics unit, ashtray, and shift lever cover.
The command to open and close the compartment is approved via the CAN-BUS by the AGW (AudioGateWay), which is located either in the trunk (Audio20CC, APS50, COMAND/APS) or in the housing of the radio (Audio20CD). The reason for this is that the CD changer, if installed, must be interrogated to ensure that no CD protrudes into the movement space of the compartment.
In the absence of AGW, this approval is not given and the compartment remains closed. The kinematics adapter takes over this task by providing the corresponding approval via the CAN-BUS on request.